6.18.2008

Our House!!!

First I have to say that I think this is the least amount of time between posting that I have done since I started blogging. (Just wanted to point that out to someone). Here is a really cute picture of Caleb playing in the blinds.
Now the good stuff, all about our house! Yesterday we had our final appointment with the design center so our colors and upgrades are all set in stone, it's too expensive to make changes now. I just cross my fingers that everything looks good. Having to think about colors I have come up with our new decor idea (the idea for this week anyways) we are going to go Western in the family and dining room and in the kitchen we are going to go with the color of country red spinning off of the Western decor. In guest bedroom/office we are going to keep the beach theme ( i can't have a house without something beachy) and maybe in Caleb's bathroom. Then Caleb's room will stay Winnie-the-Pooh and our room, have no idea yet. So, i need your thoughts - think that it will all go okay or am i totally crazy. I'm going to try my best to explain our floor plan and I hope that it will make sense. When you first walk in the front door there is a wonderful art niche right in front of you, then to the left is the utility room which leads to the garage and to the right is the kitchen. The kitchen is like a half moon shape so when you walk in it's like a half circle with the cabinets and appliances around the half moon shape. Then from the kitchen there is a "bar" but it's really a hole in the wall, like a window that has an arch opening. It opens up to the dining room and family room, which is a long room that is divided by a arch. The family room has a fireplace in the far corner and to the right is a window and then the door to the backyard. There is a very small hallway off the family/dining room, to the left is our master bedroom, and leads into our bathroom with a very small walk in closest; to the right is Caleb's bathroom and straight ahead is Caleb's room to the left and the office/guest bedroom to the right. It's just a little cute house (1550 sq feet) but it's perfect for us right now and most importantly into our own place and out of an apartment!! Status: Our house has been framed, James went by today and the roof is all shingled, it just needs the windows and then it'll get the bricks.

the front of the house
the pantry & window of the kitchen

in the dining room, facing the family room

the master bedroom looking at the master bath

the closest in Caleb's room

No comments: