Well, the vacation and fun is over and we are getting back into "regular" schedule. Caleb is having a little more difficulties then the rest of us. Each day is getting a little better though, we have had a few sleepless nights, sleepless days and lots of crankiness. He definitely prefers to keep to his schedule and not have a worldwind of visitors. You can tell that he is a only child who is independent, knows what he wants and enjoys just being low key. It was wonderful being able to spend the holidays with all of his grandparents this year because it won't always work out that way.
While my mom was here we had a day full of shopping, which I totally loved, I hadn't really been shopping like that in forever. Caleb wasn't so happy about it but we started the trip with lunch, meeting up with James' parents who were headed back home from family making a stop in Ft Worth. Caleb has begin the blanky/stuffed animal phase so my mom wanted to take him to build a bear to make a stuffed animal. It was so cute, we went through each of the stuffed animals until we found on that he would react to.... and he feel in love with this dog that looks like a husky.

Here's his dog getting all stuffed! And he even gave the heart a kiss to put in his dog. It was so cute.

He's all stuffed now and ready to play but before that we must.......

name him. When I was thinking of a name for the dog, I wanted it to be something that Caleb could say but also I didn't want to name the dog something and then everytime Caleb sees a dog he calls it by other name, so we named him dog but not D-O-G but D-A-W-G, my mom mentioned that my papa would have spelled it D-A-W-G, so that's how dog got the name DAWG. It's so cute, Caleb sleeps with him, carries him around when he getting ready for bed and if he's upset he'll give Dawg hugs. He can also take Dawg for a walk because he has a leash and he plays ball with Dawg. If you ask him where Dawg is, he'll even go get him.

There was some bribes that had to take place on the shopping adventure, I mean what boy wants to spend the day shopping. As much as I try Caleb is ALL boy and shopping isn't his thing. So, we got him a chocolate chip cookie, you can see the bits of chocolate around his lips. :)
On New Year's Eve James & I went out with our friends and my mom was not only watching Caleb but McKayla too and being the good daughter I wanted to make it easier for her so I got the great idea, I'll just keep Caleb up all day and then he'll sleep really good. I have to say that it didn't work out that great, he went to sleep early but when we got home there was too much noise and Caleb woke up, so I had to rock him back to sleep; Caleb has to be center of attention at all times and if he thinks he's missing out on something he won't go back to sleep - he'll scream at the top of his lungs. So, I rocked him back to sleep and an hour later he was asleep for the night but of course since he went to bed so early, he woke up early the next day....I didn't think my plan far enough ahead. Anyways, while I was trying to keep him up all day we went to the park. The sun was shining and it looked like it was warm outside, so we were all just wearing t-shirts. The sun was very deceiving and it was like 30 or 40 degrees and winding so we only stayed out for like 30 minutes. Caleb wasn't cold though and very upset when we left. There were so "big" boys (middle/high schoolers) playing football when we were getting ready to leave and it was so cute, Caleb was trying to yell and talk with the boys because he wanted to play ball with them while he was walking towards them. When I guided him away from the boys he got so upset, he thought he could play with them.
Park Pictures

On the merry go round, Caleb got even brave enough to walk around on it while it was moving. I was very scared that he was going to fall but he kept his balance very well.

He was having so much fun on the merry-go-round.

In the swing - this really wasn't his thing.

Isn't this just the cutest face? He really liked riding the rooster thing, I even got my turned on it. Caleb realized there were rocks to play with on the ground and sat next to the rooster for what seemed like forever just playing in the rocks! It's amazing how the smallest things interest little toddlers.

And the slide, he loved the slide. He went down the slide over and over again. He thought it was so much fun. There will be a lot more park trips in our future and we are so lucky that we have a lot of very nice parks that are close to us.

As part of my mom's Christmas present Caleb and her got their photos taken. There are a few that I'm in too - you know the whole 3 generations thing. :) Here are some of their pics. Caleb was a little difficult for the pictures which is just another example of him getting so big. He wasn't interested in it at all - he just wanted to play. They made the mistake of giving him a ball and then pictures were impossible, all he wanted to do was to play catch. I love the photo of just Caleb - he is waiting for the ball to be thrown back to him.



1 comment:
Oh my gosh, he looks SO grown up in those pics with your mom!! I can't believe it!! ;)
Jess
Post a Comment