Wow!!! My little boy is five, there is just something about turning 5 that makes Caleb seem so much older. He was so cute saying that he turned five while he was sleeping and is very excited to be five. Whenever he wants to something and we say no, he tells us that he's five now so he can do it. So, our boy is starting his fifth year out with an over welming love for superheros, Batman, Thor, Hulk, Green Lantern, I don't think there is any hero that he doesn't like, he has even seen The Green Lantern and The Avengers movies. When he's not playing superheros, he is playing Star Wars on the WII or his Star Wars figurines. If we would let him play video games 24/7, I think he would, at the rate he's going I can see his high school years will be spent up late playing video games, just like his dad and uncles. Caleb loves dogs and wants a dog so bad that he has imaginary dogs, I keep telling him once he is 10 years old he can have a dog (hopefully he doesn't hold me to it). His imaginary dogs are very family friendly, when Caleb is asked to watch the girls, he'll tell me that his puppies are watching them and I have to tell him that puppies can't watch babies. His love for balls that started at less then 2 years old, still continues as he plays soccer, basketball, baseball and golf all the time. He has started his second season of outdoor soccer and is a little superstar making his mama proud. Caleb even has his sisters playing balls, they pass balls back and forth.
To celebrate Caleb turning the big 5, we had a family party on Wednesday after mom and dad got home from work. He really has opening presents down and for almost every gift he would yell "this is what I wanted" and would have the biggest smile on his face. Caleb has been wanting to go to miniature golfing so on Saturday mom and dad took him (with no sisters), we had so much fun and Caleb loved it. The place we went to had go-karts, batting cages and an arcade. Caleb enjoyed being able to make the decisions about what we were to do next.



No comments:
Post a Comment