Our weekend all began on Thursday, Caleb and I are on our way home (we only live 10 minutes) away and Caleb is quiet then all of a sudden he cries "MOMMA" and I turn around to find that he had thrown up in his car seat!!!! What can i do but try to calm him down and continue our drive home. I called James and he was waiting in the garage for us, armed with a towel. I went in to clean up Caleb and James worked on the car (we can't have the new car getting all nasty already!) That was the beginning of a night of throwing up about every hour until 2am. I think we used up every one of our towels, i ran out of hanging out clothes; i would try to comfort him and then he would throw up on me. That was a point when I realized what it's really like being a mom, I would have never allowed anyone else throw up on me but with Caleb I just let him and then cleaned us up. Friday James stayed home with Caleb so i could go to work... which really messed up my plan because we had no diapers, Dr Pepper, laundry detergent and were low on wipes...James was suppose to get them while we were at school/work. Thankfully, they made it through the day and on my way home I picked up the necessities.
Caleb was feeling better and I was looking on the bright side, we would have swim lessons on Saturday morning, get the house cleaned and get ready for our trip.....WRONG. Friday night I got sick and was up all night. That meant no swim lessons, and a day of basically laziness for the family. Now, one would think that that would be the end of it and we'd be better Sunday....but James got sick Sunday. Thankfully, he wasn't nearly as sick as we were and bounced back on Sunday afternoon so we were able to at least go grocery shopping and get the house all cleaned and ready for the week ahead.
Although the week as just began we are off to a good start, no signs of the virus that attacked us so rudely. And now, next weekend we must really get a start on our trip packing...we leave a week from Saturday.
(Sorry there are no pictures but do you really wanna see us all sick :) )
1 comment:
oh no! that sounds miserable! i hope you at least got some more dr. pepper :)
Post a Comment